As employers, we want the best work from our employees. Time is money, and while we appreciate their skill, it is also important that they make the most of their hours spent on the job. Sometimes, after months or more of work, your staff may begin to drag on their projects, and it can be helpful to implement new ways to boost their productivity.
Here are some of the best productivity-boosting foods to keep stocked in your vending machines or micro market…
- Bananas: Just one banana has all the glucose that your brain needs for the day. Optimal brain functionality happens when you have about 25 grams of glucose circulating your blood stream.
- Eggs: The B vitamin that boosts your memory and reaction time, choline is present in eggs. Eggs are also an excellent source of protein, which has other benefits for your health.
- Carrots: Steady blood sugar levels help your brain function at optimal levels, and raw carrots can make that happen! They also improve your eyesight.
- Chocolate: With plenty of antioxidants, dark chocolate helps to increase endorphin production and enhance focus/concentration. Milk chocolate is also beneficial for its improvements to your verbal and visual memory, and speeding up your reaction time.
- Coffee: Yes, caffeine gives a kick of energy in the morning – it also helps to improve your memory, and has plenty of antioxidants and amino acids. For those workers who stare at computer screens all day, caffeine protects against eyelid spasm.
- Yogurt: Protein, minerals, and probiotics make yogurt a must for the office snacking station.
- Snack Mix: If your snack mix contains things like almonds, raisins, and walnuts, you’re in luck! Almonds are fabulous for brain power; raisins are energy boosters and full of antioxidants; and walnuts have those awesome omega-3 fatty acids that help you stay focused and think more clearly. Eating each alone is good for your productivity, as well!
To get these and other delicious, productivity-boosting foods for your employees, contact us to learn more about our micro markets and vending services.