We’ve come a long way from the coffee cart that used to circle offices in the “Mad Men” days! Today, there are dozens of options for office snacks and beverages, from vending machines to a newer development in the vending world: Micro Markets. Current studies and reports even show that offering snacking options for your employees can help to improve their productivity!
Maybe you’ve taken the step and set up office vending for your employees… Here are some snack food tips to share with them, or post nearby to help them make the most of their office snacking:
- Don’t skip breakfast! It’s the most important meal of the day, and can set the course for success. When we skip breakfast, we tend to overeat at lunch and feel sluggish and bloated the rest of the day. Enjoy fruit or hard-boiled egg with a cup of black coffee, and you’ll be set!
- Snack smart. We all get cravings for something sweet or salty, but when we consume too much processed foods that are high in sodium or sugar, it can cause serious health problems. When you get a bit hungry in between meals, choose snacks that have better nutrition, such as fruit instead of a candy bar, or nuts instead of chips.
- Slow down a bit. It’s been found that eating too fast can confuse your metabolism, and lead to eating more than you need to in order to satisfy your hunger. Overeating can eventually cause you to become overweight or unhealthy.
- Don’t eat at your desk. This is not just to keep your desk clear of crumbs or spills – eating at your desk can also cause you to eat faster and overeat. Additionally, it isolates you from your colleagues and friends, and can cause other emotional health issues. Head to the communal areas or lunchroom to enjoy your snack with others – it may even offer a new solution or idea for a work problem you’ve been facing.
- Drink plenty of water. Remember to stay hydrated – especially as you eat saltier snacks! Drinking water will also help to keep your hunger cravings down, so that you only feel hungry when your body actually needs food.
For great snacking options for your employees, contact Tassi Vending today!